LDAP Case Insensitive Usernames

Ben Sandall January 20, 2014

Good Morning

We currently using JIRA 6.11 with LDAP directory intergration.

Usernames are case sensitive, so the when logging into JIRA users need to enter their username in the same format as Active Directory which is often unknown.

I’ve searched the forum and whilst there are lots of discussion about LDAP I can see how to make the username case insensitive.

Is it possible to make the username case insensitive?

Thank you. Best Regards

Ben

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ben Sandall February 2, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

It seems that usernames aren't case sensitive.

Best Regards

Ben

0 votes
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2014

In our system username is not case sensitive either ... password definitely is, but not username.

0 votes
Tom Jackson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2014

Did you find a solution Ben? We are about to cut over to an LDAP integration and you have me worried ...

Ben Sandall February 2, 2014

Hello Tom

Yes we tested with a number of accounts that are all in lower case and in mixed case and the user name isn't case sensitive.

The error we were experiencing is thought to be due to a communication issue between our JIRA server and DC.

Hope that helps.

Ben

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 20, 2014

Hi Ben, that's very interesting because I've just tested JIRA authentication with AD and I tested using different case then what is in the AD and the user was able to authenticate with no problems.

Are you using any kind of SSO sytem or any customization in JIRA user management?

Cheers

Suggest an answer