LDAP Case Insensitive Usernames

Good Morning

We currently using JIRA 6.11 with LDAP directory intergration.

Usernames are case sensitive, so the when logging into JIRA users need to enter their username in the same format as Active Directory which is often unknown.

I’ve searched the forum and whilst there are lots of discussion about LDAP I can see how to make the username case insensitive.

Is it possible to make the username case insensitive?

Thank you. Best Regards

Ben

4 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Thank you for taking the time to reply to this thread.

It seems that usernames aren't case sensitive.

Best Regards

Ben

Hi Ben, that's very interesting because I've just tested JIRA authentication with AD and I tested using different case then what is in the AD and the user was able to authenticate with no problems.

Are you using any kind of SSO sytem or any customization in JIRA user management?

Cheers

Did you find a solution Ben? We are about to cut over to an LDAP integration and you have me worried ...

Hello Tom

Yes we tested with a number of accounts that are all in lower case and in mixed case and the user name isn't case sensitive.

The error we were experiencing is thought to be due to a communication issue between our JIRA server and DC.

Hope that helps.

Ben

Davin Studer Community Champion Jan 30, 2014

In our system username is not case sensitive either ... password definitely is, but not username.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

78 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you