LDAP Account Creation

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

both our DEV and PROD instances are connected to active directory. This works great in PROD for a new user to auto-create their account, but i want to keep them out of DEV. i thought there was a setting somewhere that denied users from auto-creating accounts, but i can't seem to find it. does anyone know where that setting is? if there's not one, what would you suggest (short of deleting that user directory in DEV)?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Septa Cahyadiputra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 11, 2013

Hi there,

Understanding your requirement, I believe the best method for you is to use "Internal Directory with LDAP Authentication" without "Copying User on First Login" option turn on. This way the only LDAP user that can access JIRA is the one that manually created by you on the directory, and JIRA won't create any LDAP users automatically.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Septa Cahyadiputra

Tanner Wortham
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 11, 2013

thanks, septa. that's exactly what i was looking for.

Suggest an answer