Kick start for Groovy?

AKASHB May 19, 2013

I am new to groovy can you please give me some kick start so that i can start writing my own groovy scripts. It would be great help.

3 answers

1 vote
Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 20, 2013

Groovy is based on Java, a good starting point is http://groovy.codehaus.org/. You can directly use the documented Java API of JIRA (see Atlassian API Reference). I think a good way to start ist to look at the examples in the Script Runner documentation and the scripts provided by Script Runner and maybe the Atlassian developer docs.

Henning

Henning Tietgens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2013

For changing the status you have to transition the issue through the workflow. You could use the built-in fast transition postfunction of Script Runner or you can do it on your own like described here. https://developer.atlassian.com/display/JIRADEV/Performing+Issue+Operations

AKASHB May 26, 2013

Thanks Henning..

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2013

You can use the script runner panel and try to fetch values from JIRA using the JIRA Api's .

You can try this as your first script . You can start with fetching current user , customfield value for a specific issue , number of issues , Project lead , etc

0 votes
AKASHB May 21, 2013

I want to write a groovy script in which i need to change the statuts of the issue. can you please tell me how should proceed further

Suggest an answer