Keyboard shortcuts don't work after tempo installation

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

Hi

I have recently installed tempo (tempo-plugin-7.6.3.obr) on jira 5.0.2.

I observed that after the installation my keyboard shortcuts have stopped working. I usually use j and k shortcuts.

To clarify, say i search using JQL, JQL returns 10 issues, i click on the first one to load it on the view issue screen, after reviewing the first one, i click on j to move to the second one.

This is no longer happening after tempo installation.

To double check, i disabled the tempo and bingo, it (j and k shortcuts) started working again!

Any ideas on how i can work around this problem?

Rahul

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 12, 2014

This was fixed by disabling the modules Next item and previous item modules from the plugin.

Rahul

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

Issue filed: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-296

We would very much want to fix this but currently have not been able to reproduce.

0 votes
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2014

Hi Rahul,

Could it be that Tempo simply disables the shortcut setting in your profile?

In your profile you can indicate if you want to use shortcuts or not.

Best regards,

Peter

Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 6, 2014

Hi Rahul,

This might be a bug, maybe you should take a look in their issue tracker to see if it has already been fixed in a later release or if it's a new bug :

https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT

Best regards,

Peter

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

Thanks Peter , i checked my user profile, it is still enabled. Another piece of information, when i see 10 issues returned from a filter, the j and k works to navigate me up and down, however j and k no longer works from the view issue screen to move to the next issue.

Suggest an answer