Kepler/SIL/JJupin - Is multi-dimensional array sorting possible?

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

Hello,

Is multidimensional array sorting possible?

I have an array like this:

date1person1text1
date2person2

text2

I would like to sort it by the first column values (by date). Is it possible?

When I've tried to sort a two-dimensional array, SIL runner returned an error:

[keplerrominfo.sil.lang.SILUtils] [SIL Error on line: 102, column: 19] com.keplerrominfo.sil.lang.type.obj.GenericArraySILObject cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable
[jira.commons.silrunner.UnifiedSilRunner] Exception while executing SIL program >>-Run:Test_run (10600)<<
com.keplerrominfo.sil.lang.SILInfoException: [SIL Error on line: 102, column: 19] com.keplerrominfo.sil.lang.type.obj.GenericArraySILObject cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable

Line 102 in code:

final_table = arraySort(final_table, false);

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 13, 2015

Hello Blazej,

No, you cannot sort a multidimensional array out of the box. However, in the next release we will release a sort routine for structures using one of the fields. If you convert a table row to a structure, then your matrix will become a struct array and you can use the sort routine to filter by the date field.

Best regards,

Silviu

Błażej O_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 16, 2015

Thank you for the information. I have managed to write my own UDR to sort the two-dimensional table, but of course I would be looking forward to the new routine (smile)

Suggest an answer