Kepler/SIL/JJupin - Is multi-dimensional array sorting possible?

Hello,

Is multidimensional array sorting possible?

I have an array like this:

date1person1text1
date2person2

text2

I would like to sort it by the first column values (by date). Is it possible?

When I've tried to sort a two-dimensional array, SIL runner returned an error:

[keplerrominfo.sil.lang.SILUtils] [SIL Error on line: 102, column: 19] com.keplerrominfo.sil.lang.type.obj.GenericArraySILObject cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable
[jira.commons.silrunner.UnifiedSilRunner] Exception while executing SIL program >>-Run:Test_run (10600)<<
com.keplerrominfo.sil.lang.SILInfoException: [SIL Error on line: 102, column: 19] com.keplerrominfo.sil.lang.type.obj.GenericArraySILObject cannot be cast to java.lang.Comparable

Line 102 in code:

final_table = arraySort(final_table, false);

1 answer

1 accepted

Hello Blazej,

No, you cannot sort a multidimensional array out of the box. However, in the next release we will release a sort routine for structures using one of the fields. If you convert a table row to a structure, then your matrix will become a struct array and you can use the sort routine to filter by the date field.

Best regards,

Silviu

Thank you for the information. I have managed to write my own UDR to sort the two-dimensional table, but of course I would be looking forward to the new routine (smile)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,811 views 11 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot