Keep the way it was to display

Deleted user January 10, 2018

We face a bit of confusion as after importing data from one old bug tracking system to JIRA Software 7.6.2,  some got twisted, e.g. [click here] somehow became a link like click here, [ ] in original text disappeared.

I believe there must be a solution to prevent this kind of 'misleading' cases, so reach your help , please ?

I also want to know where to find the whole list of those special characters so we can conduct further testing in order to point them out for attention ? 

1 answer

0 votes
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Quan,

• What was the bug tracking system you are importing from?

I believe the reason this is happening is because it's converting the []'s to a hyperlink per the way JIRA's markup works.

Can you test something and try to escape the [] characters on a small subset and see if that works:

\[ http://www.atlassian.com\]

Cheers,

Branden

the bugtracking system was mantis, and we don't wish such 'markup' as we want to remain the way it was.

This data migration done by a vendor , who may not have realized that.  we raised issue, but want to know the solution by ourselves as no fix from them yet. 

I also want to know where to find the whole list of those special characters so we can conduct further testing in order to point them out for attention ? 

is that the link you send to me 'JIRA's markup works' ? 

Deleted user January 11, 2018

posted another question as vendor told us they set back to 'default' instead of 'wiki style', so there must a switch somewhere. 

Deleted user January 16, 2018

also discovered that some bullets not shown properly , so here is the argument:   should we use default type (not wiki style)  or wiki style ?

the original description we are trying to move over to jira containing some special text, such as [ ] , 1,2,3 (bullets) 

right now, as default (not wiki style) we get [ ] , but lost 1,2,3

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events