Keep getting message Jira service desk is now Jira service management pop-up

Jan Kaj Eriksen June 29, 2021

Is there some way to get rid of the pop-up 
Jira service desk is now Jira service management ?
No matter what i do press got-it or learn more I am still getting it
It is only some uders in Our set-up that is getting it

3 answers

0 votes
Torben Brenden Pedersen September 22, 2021

Have experienced the same, and it seem related to the quick guides.

In my case, what happens is that the last step, of say 3, only the two first are shown, and I am not able to confirm the last one, which seems to lead to the guide showing again when I revisit.

This has happend on Jira Service Management - Project template, Timeline where there are three steps in the guide, but only the first two are visible.

0 votes
Jan Eriksen July 7, 2021

Hi

@Brant Schroeder 

I have not been able to find a pattern. I have tried using Edge Chrome and Firefox.

I happens every time I change project or, go to admin (and here it happens at almost every navigation) or go to project settings.

It is not all users that experience it maybe half of them. I have tried clearing all cookies, clearing cache

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 7, 2021

@Jan Kaj Eriksen 

Is there anything similar to the browser they are using, incognito mode is being used or that they clear cache when the browser closes.  When are they seeing the message on what page?

Jan Kaj Eriksen September 22, 2021

None of the above, at least. Happens in "all" browsers and we are AD-synced but with the same settings

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 23, 2021

@Jan Kaj Eriksen 

Have you submitted a support request to Atlassian?  There has to be something triggered so this does not pop up that is not happening.  They should be able to tell you what that is.

Jan Kaj Eriksen September 23, 2021

Yes, I have sent  trace files etc. They could not use that to find the error and requested a full copy of Our jira database. That is not legal for us to send that to them in India (GDPR rules) so got kinda stuck there :-(

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 24, 2021

@Jan Kaj Eriksen Have you asked them what table the data is stored in and for a script to update it.  That might be the best solution moving forward.

Suggest an answer