Kayako Jira Bridge very slow

Dennis Poort January 21, 2016

I'm not sure if this question belongs here or with Kayako, but I've integraded a bridge app on the kayako software. This basically creates a "create new/link to existing issue" option in every customer ticket.

https://forge.kayako.com/projects/jira/wiki

Problem is that the responsive time for creating a new issue is 30+ seconds. This is not workable. Could this be a JIRA issue serving the project information very slow? Or would it rather be a Kayako vendor issue? 

Suggestions on diagnosing this are welcome!

2 answers

0 votes

In addition I would like to note that listing project roles of a user in JIRA takes up a lot of time as well. Thought this could be related.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

I'd start by testing both ends without the link, and then with it.  If JIRA is responsive when creating the issues without the bridge, then you know it's the other end.  If it's slow, then it's something in JIRA.

Well, that depends of what is done in the bridge I guess?

JIRA overall can be slow-ish for us I guess, but never this slow. However if the bridge combines certain actions... F.e., it seems like it fetches ALL projects with corresponding issue type schemes. Every time.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2016

If it's fetching everything, then yes, it's bound to be slow.  It needs to be optimised to stop doing that!

It's my guess that it's doing that yes. Not looked into the programming, but the bridge offers a dialog making me select the project (out of a total listing), then adjusts the issue type scheme dynamically.

Agreed, it should. wink

Suggest an answer