Kanban board showing all unresolved issues across projects except those in scrum backlogs

Jonathan Verity March 19, 2014

If all projects were scrum-based, it would be easy enough to use "Sprint in openSprints()", but some projects are not scrum-based, which means there doesn't appear to be a way, by default, to include "open" issues from non-scrum projects while excluding backlog "open" issues from scrum projects.

My first thought was to use a different workflow/status for backlogged issues: Create -> backlog status. When adding an issue to a sprint, I would want the status to change to "open." But I want to be able to take advantage of plan mode, without requiring a "backlog" column in work mode. So is there any way to hook a status change on the movements back and forth between backlog and sprints in plan mode?

It seems like I'd then still need to have a backlog column in work mode. And I want to avoid needing to have at least two boards for every project - one for sprint planning and another for working.

Can anyone offer better suggestions for this?

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2014

Not sure how much farther it gets you, but theire is also the ability to search future sprints/

Maybe you can do what you want by using an inverse search on future sprints.

not(sprint in futureSprints())

So to exclude all non-open Scrum tickets, I would think:

not sprint in futureSprints() and (sprint in openSprints() or sprint is empty) and resolution = Unresolved

Jonathan Verity March 23, 2014

Thanks, Eddie – I didn't know about futureSprints() – but I think it's true that it doesn't move me further towards my goal because the fundamental issue is how to exclude issues that are "open and in backlog of scrum-based project," while including any issues that are "open" in any non-scrum-based projects.

Suggest an answer