Kanban board pulling incorrect tickets

stacy November 5, 2019

I am creating a kanban from my backlog but it has pulled all the correct tickets into the 'To Do' column but also a load of random tickets into the 'in progress' - some are relevant but others are from way down my back log, It won;t let me assign back to the backlog. Very annoying as the board is now very confusing and inaccurate to follow - any assistance greatly appreciated!!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2019

Hi @stacy 

When you first create a Kanban board, there isn't a Backog and all the "not started" tickets will be in the first column of the active board. There is then an option to create a Backlog, which effectively makes the first column of your board the Backlog. At this point, I have then added an extra status to the workflow to be the first column on the board, so that I have a Backlog as well as a To Do column on the board.

As an aside, if you're unable to assign them back to the Backlog, you need to check the workflow and add another transition from In Progress to Backlog.

stacy November 5, 2019

Thanks Warren, i think part of the confusion is that we had a large backoog which were generating sprints from, now we are moving to a KanBan approach so i'm trying to convert my existing back log, to now pull into a kanban, with not having a lot of knowledge of Jira previously, so very much learning as i go which i appreciate isn't ideal!  Let me play around with the workflow and see if that helps

Thanks again for your help, massively appreciated

Stacy

stacy November 5, 2019

CHanged the workflow as that was incorrect, i think i've sorted it, thanks Warren :-)

0 votes
GC November 5, 2019

Hi Stacy, 

Another thing to look at is the board settings and columns. Thi is where you can add/remove/rename columns, and determine which statuses show in each column.

Hope that helps, 

0 votes
Vickey Palzor Lepcha
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2019

Please validate your board filter - that is what helps the board pick tickets.

If you think the board filter is correct - contact atlassian support as you are on atlassian cloud.

Suggest an answer