Kanban board not displaying all issues

Davina Tsosie January 27, 2017

Greetings,

I created a Kanban Board for a project and while creating/adjusting the columns it shows the available number of issues in that status. Example below showing 24 issues in Open Status

image2017-1-27 15:14:8.png

When I return back to the Board it shows 0 issues in Open.

I've checked the query for the board and it shows

When I return back to Edit board I also see status unrelated to my workflow such as Approved. I do have statuses of In Functional Test and Ready for Functional Test but they are part of the Sub-task workflow and there are more statuses to the sub-task workflow than displayed here.

image2017-1-27 15:18:51.png

Any ideas why this is happening? I did notice the following

image2017-1-27 15:26:19.png

Would the Simplified Workflow cause my issues not to display?

Please help.

Thank you,
Davina

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 27, 2017

Could you tell us what the board configuration says the "saved filter" and "Kanban board sub-filter" are?  The actual JQL, not their names (feel free to obscure details of specific data if you want, we're looking at structure, not the specific detail of the query.)

Davina Tsosie January 30, 2017

Nic,

Is this the information you're referencing?

image2017-1-30 8:36:58.png

Davina Tsosie January 30, 2017

see comment

Davina Tsosie January 31, 2017

removed Sub-filter and issues displayed

fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is EMPTY

I don't have versions or releases associated with my workflow, why would this not allow my issues to be displayed on the board?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2017

Sorry for the delay, Answers down a lot recently.

Project = CRM is nice and easy to work with.  So the next test is to run that in the issue navigator and check how many issues that pulls back.  Then try "Project = CRM and (fixVersion in unreleasedVersions() OR fixVersion is empty"

I'd then save that filter, create a new empty dashboard (which you can bin later), and add a "filter statistics" gadget to it.  Select the saved filter as the reporting filter, and "Status" as the statistic to report on.  It should tell us more about the status numbers (I'm trying to establish if your board is doing something obviously wrong by the way)

Suggest an answer