Kanban backlog in mobil app

Lars_Eriksson October 18, 2017

We use Kanban with backlog enabled. We have the todo status in the workflows mapped to the backlog and in progress->test internal->test external->done on the board. When on the board the issues are in progress but when in the backlog it's just a backlog todo waiting to be taken for a developer. 

So here is my issue: When I look in the mobile app I'm looking to get a similar view as the backlog view in desktop version. A place to overlook whats in the backlog and filter that backlog on people, epics etc. The boards view is great with the people filter and quick view filter but it only shows issues in progress – not backlog issues. 

I have tried two different apporaches, first is to create a filter and use issues tab in the iphone app instead – I don't have any filters for people, quick view or epics there so that wont work. The other approach is to change all workflows and create a new status named "selected for development" but then all backlog issues must be in progress in order to be viewed and then the backlog will loose it's purpose. 

Are we the only ones having this longing for backlog support in the mobile app or am I missing some best practice in JIRA kanban with backlog where we can use the board tab?

Best regards

Lars, Aloq

6 answers

6 votes
Jarno Nousiainen May 31, 2018

Same issue here.  Would want to prioritize on mobile on the go 

2 votes
Patrick_Halinski February 1, 2018

Same issue here!  We use backlog as our staging area and do most of our prioritization there.  I dont understand why thats not an option.  I just thought that the Jira functionality had a different theory on backlog and therefore they didnt allow it . 

1 vote
KarolKotowicz June 18, 2018

Same issue here. It could be very useful.

0 votes
Daniel C Berlin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2021

While this functionality does exist in the Jira Cloud Mobile App, it's not currently part of the Jira Server Mobile App (for Server/DC licenses).  

We now have an open Feature Request for this functionality, which you can vote for here:
Backlog on Jira Mobile Server 

0 votes
Dima Suvorov July 17, 2018

same issue here.

It's bizarre to exclude this from the app, as I would assume the app is much more useful to "power" users like POs / Scrummasters who would want to work w/ backlogs.

As an engineer, having an app to occasionally move a task to another status seem to be a marginal improvement over your day-to-day use of Jira web interface.

0 votes
Deleted user June 18, 2018

Same issue. It's strange that it's not in the mobile app.. ;/

Suggest an answer