Kanban backlog - am I missing something?

Mark Everest September 19, 2017

I have just tried to use the Kanban Backlog but seem to be missing something.

Do I have to update my workflow and create a new status for this column?

If I move "Open" into the "Kanban Backlog" column it enables the feature, but I cannot drag any items into the "To do" section as it says that there is no workflow transition.

None of the documentation mentions creating new statuses and updating workflows, which is why I'm a bit stumped :-(

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 19, 2017

The way the statuses map on Kanban boards is based on the configuration of the board. My only idea at the moment is that you don't have a status mapped to the To Do column on your Kanban board. Or, if you do have a status mapped into the To Do column, there are no workflow transitions from the "Open" status to whatever status(es) you have mapped to the To do section/column in your board.

If you've chosen to use the simplified workflow for Kanban, I don't think you should have run into this problem. Depending on which workflow you used, you may or may not have to update the workflow accordingly.

It would help us out if you showed us your current workflow and what the configuration of your board is currently. Can you give us some screenshots of those?

Mark Everest September 19, 2017

Thanks for the answer.

Our "To Do" column now contains "Open" and "Reopened" issues, but I see that I will need to change this. We've not used the simplified workflows as we have added screens to the transitions.

I'll create some new statuses and update my workflows accordingly.

Thanks!

Suggest an answer