• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • Kanban Rapid Board: how can I define Ticket type A to have each column/workstation required vs. Ticket type B can "skip" columns/workstations - on the same board?

Kanban Rapid Board: how can I define Ticket type A to have each column/workstation required vs. Ticket type B can "skip" columns/workstations - on the same board?

marion ruth April 21, 2015

I have one Kanban Rapid Board where all the tickets get pulled from left to right (we are only one team/one project).  But not all ticket types need to go through each workstation/column.  I seem to only have a one-size-fits-all option for the tickets to move across the board.

I don't want to "allow" tickets that must go through each column to skip.  But I also want a user to skip columns when applicable for other defined ticket types for ease of use.

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 21, 2015

You need to define two different workflows and use a "workflow scheme" to tell JIRA to associate them with the different issue types.  One workflow should have transitions that take it directly across the status in your columns, the other can skip them

You can use "conditions" in the workflow to control who can use the skips

Suggest an answer