Kanban Issues not showing up on the board

Matthew Finch December 14, 2021

Hi, 

I am new JIRA user and having a problem in creating a Kanban Board. I am using JIRA as a sample task tracker with issues represented in each status. But I cannot get any of them to show up on my Kanban board. The filter works OK and shows my issues but nothing comes up on the board. 

I have seen a multiple queries on the same topic and tried to follow all the advice, including the step by step newbie guide, but I still cannot get this to work.

Interestingly, I also tried to create a sample kanban board with sample data, ie tickets created by Atlassian , but still nothing shows up for me. Also, it works as a sample sprint board - its just kanban that's not coming up. 

I also took an existing kanban board created by someone else (which works) and changed the filter to my own project, but still nothing comes through. 

I am an administrator (its a development environment so I have access) 

Any ideas would be wecome!

Thanks, 

Matthew

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Matthew Finch -- Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

A couple of other things to check for this symptom are:

• Under board settings > columns: are the status values you expect to display mapped to the columns on the board?
  • Under board settings > general: is there a board sub-filter which is restricting display of issues?

Kind regards,
Bill

Thanks Bill !

Under board settings > columns - the issues are showing up, yes

Under board settings > general - I only see the one saved filter 

So -we are kind of there, since the filters are working under board setting > columns but missing the final step ... 

Sorry - I was wrong - there WAS  a subfilter in there - right at the bottom, I assumed it was going to be at he top next to the main filter ... I removed it, updated it and it now work!! Thank you very much, that's terrific :) 

Like Bill Sheboy likes this
Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2021

Matthew, if you look at the bottom of the board settings > general page, do you see anything entered for the Kanban board sub-filter?

If so, try clearing that filter's value.

Bill Sheboy
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2021

Looks like you found it before I posted again!  :^)

0 votes
G subramanyam
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Hi @Matthew Finch welcome to the Atlassian community.

While it sounds strange, I'm facing the same issue "today" with the Kanban backlog not showing up. 

Good old Jira :) 

Suggest an answer