Kanban Board

Bunty September 30, 2019

Hello All,

Kanban board configuration allows me to add Status field to the card layout. But it often display different value from current workflow status. Is it a bug? Or, does Status field in Kanban card layout refer different thing from workflow status?

If Kanban card layout is not capable to display workflow status, are there any best practices to indicate granulated workflow status not adding more board columns?

Thanks in advance,

Bunty

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 30, 2019

Hi Bunty. I have never observed this to be the case. Please provide a screenshot example. I assume you are looking at the indeed looking at the Status and not the column header? Another possibility - do you possibly have another “status” custom field?

Bunty October 1, 2019

Hi Jack,

I have added Status field in the kanban Card layout to view status of the issues on Kanban board. But in the Kanban board the original issue type status is RE-Develop and it showing Status New on cards.

If you see on the below screen shot issue status for MTS-1893 is New on Kanban board but its original status status is RE-DEVELOP

MTS.PNG

Thanks in advance,

Manikanta

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 1, 2019

are you sure you do not have a custom field names status? can you share the details of your columns as far a status mapping?

Like Bunty likes this
Bunty October 1, 2019

Hi Jack,

You're absolutely right,  i have added Status custom field instead of system field. After removing custom field from the card layout and adding system field, i was able to see the statuses on cards.

Thanks a lot for the help!

Thanks again,

Bunty  

Suggest an answer