Kanban Board with Swimlane by Project and Sub-Swimlane by Epic?

Hello, I am trying to set up a board to manage all of my Projects/Epics. Currently, I am using a Saved Filter with Swimlanes based on Projects. The problem is that all the Tasks from the Epics in a Project are all mixed together, which makes it hard to manage on an Epic by Epic level.

Is there a good way to filter down the board further so my tasks underneath Each Project Swimlane are ordered by Epics as well? Ideally, it would be nice to have sub-swimlanes to accomplish this.

I tried changing my Saved Filter to be ordered by Epic which sort of does what I'm looking for. The problem with this approach is that ranking is then disabled and I can't re-arrange tasks within the same column.

I also tried using Swimlanes based on Epics, but then it gets a little difficult to know which project the Epic falls under.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Peter DeWitt Community Champion Oct 18, 2017

@Kevin Paulovkin, take a look at quickfilters: https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/configuring .  You could create one for each epic and leave your swimlanes by project (or vice versa).  They clicking one of the links would filter out all the other noise.

pd

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Aug 06, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

A is for Activate: Share your top Jira Service Desk onboarding tips for new users!

Hi, everyone! Molly here from the Jira Service Desk Product Marketing Team :).  In the spirit of this month's  august-challenge, we're sourcing stories of Jira Service Desk activation fro...

534 views 23 15
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you