KCF-Pro Custom Field is not available in Permission scheme

Dmitry Brechalov July 14, 2017

I have several KCF-pro custom fields which contain groups of users. And I need to grant some permissions to those groups. But no one KCF-Pro field fields available in Group Custom Field Value field when I'm trying to grant the permission.

These is no problem to grant permission to any Group Picker custom field, even Checkboxes appear there but not KCF-Pro.

Any suggesstion how to use KCF-Pro fields in Permission schemes?

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dmitry Brechalov July 19, 2017

The vendor replied:

Yes, this is how KCF Pro fields work. They are not instances of user or group pickers (or any other picker), so the fields won't be usable in People section or another such section, since they are not User Pickers (or Group Pickers) custom fields. This happens because the same custom field can be rendered as an issue picker/group picker/user picker/ etc. only by changing its configuration. So, the option type is only a property of the cf, and not its type.

0 votes
Christoph Schötz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 14, 2017

Dmitry - please ask the add-on vendor if their field should be available in the permission scheme - I can imagine that for some reason they don't appear in the custom field picker.

Cheers

Christoph

Suggest an answer