KCF-Pro Custom Field is not available in Permission scheme

I have several KCF-pro custom fields which contain groups of users. And I need to grant some permissions to those groups. But no one KCF-Pro field fields available in Group Custom Field Value field when I'm trying to grant the permission.

These is no problem to grant permission to any Group Picker custom field, even Checkboxes appear there but not KCF-Pro.

Any suggesstion how to use KCF-Pro fields in Permission schemes?

2 answers

1 accepted

The vendor replied:

Yes, this is how KCF Pro fields work. They are not instances of user or group pickers (or any other picker), so the fields won't be usable in People section or another such section, since they are not User Pickers (or Group Pickers) custom fields. This happens because the same custom field can be rendered as an issue picker/group picker/user picker/ etc. only by changing its configuration. So, the option type is only a property of the cf, and not its type.

0 vote
Christoph Thomas Community Champion Jul 14, 2017

Dmitry - please ask the add-on vendor if their field should be available in the permission scheme - I can imagine that for some reason they don't appear in the custom field picker.

Cheers

Christoph

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Jira

Mission-critical battery manufacturer fulfills FAA software requirements with Commit Policy Plugin

EaglePicher Technologies is a leading manufacturer of battery systems for diverse industries like defense, aviation, space or medical. As they operate in highly regulated industries, keeping a clear ...

131 views 0 2
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you