Just a question regarding prioritizing issue sin the Kanban board.

G Travel October 9, 2012

I wonder if it's possible to set who is able to change the prioritziong of issues in the To Do lane of the board?

The scenario is that i want only the product owners to be able to set the order of the issues in the To do lane, and then giving the developers only the option to pick the issue that is on top.

If this is not possible, do you have any other recomended way of solving this?

Thnx

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 9, 2012

Issues appear in the Kanban board based upon their status in the workflow. In order to edit permissions for creating and ranking issues you'd have to edit the permission scheme for the projects from which the issues are being pulled. Specifically, you'd have to remove developers from being able to "edit issues" Unfortunately, this removes more permissions than just ranking (e.g. edit description, change issue type, etc.)

I'd might suggest instead perhaps using a Scrum Board instead of a Kanban Board and using the Plan section to rank issues with you're product owners. Then plan sprints with your backlog. You can customize the Scrum Board to include issue count column constraints.

Suggest an answer