Jumping between Jira Project and Confluence space?

Johan Lund August 12, 2013

Hi, I have created a working application link between a JIRA project and a Confluence space.

How do I switch beteen them?

When I'm in my Confluence space and toggle over to JIRA (by using the top left button with 3 horizontal lines) I am not taken to the JIRA project - I end up inside my Dashboard. The other direction is broken too.

Am I misunderstanding how this should work or is there some configuration missing somewhere?

Thanks!

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Johan Lund August 28, 2013

I found that I can create a link to any webpage and put in the Application navigator. I can then control who see that link via Confluence groups. Event though I do this setting in Confluence only it seem to stay there when I switch over to JIRA.

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2013

Hi Johan,

In your Jira issue you can select the option 'Link' in the drop downmenu called 'More'.

Here you can select Confluence Page on the left hand side and just search for any page in your Confluence instance.

Best Regards,

Peter

1 vote
Peter Van de Voorde
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 12, 2013

Hi Johan,

You create a trusted link between both applications, not just between a project and a space.

The Application Navigator on the top left on your screen will always take you to the corresponding home page of the selected application.

The link between a project and a space is part of this application link. It will be used when you want to link an issue to a Confluence page or vice versa.

For example, if you have a link between a project an a space and you want to link from a Jira issue to a Confluence page they will first suggest pages from the linked space.

Best regards,

Peter

0 votes
Anil Gunturu November 24, 2013

Looks like with onDemand version clicking on project avatar pops up a window that has the link to associated confluence space and vice versa.

But, not sure how to do this on "downloaded" version. I am also trying to find out if this is possible with "downloaded" version.

0 votes
Johan Lund August 12, 2013

Ah, ok so you can't switch from a Jira project directly to the Confluence Space counterpart and vice verca?

So how do I best make use of this feature then?

Let's say that I'm inside a JIRA issue where there is no link to any Confluence page. Then I would have to switch to confluence and go track down the space manually... Is there a smarter way of working?

Suggest an answer