Journaling of deleted work logs and issues

Paul Alexander
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 14, 2013

Is it just me or does JIRA not journal these events? I don't see them in the history or activity stream. I'm an on-demand user. My leads would like to know when these things happen. I realize as a project admin, these events are allowed, but any record goes into the ether, it appears. Thx!

• Deleting an issue
  • Deleting a work log entry

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 14, 2013

You are correct, it does not log them in any way.

Same for edits and deletes of comments - original text is gone forever (although you do get an email saying "was X, changed to Y" on comment edits)

If you weren't using OnDemand, I'd point at the auditor plugin which does log these events, alongside most of your administration actions. With OnDemand, your only real option is to remove permissions for users to do these things.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2013

And also, to prevent the deletion of worklogs, protect them using permissions and allow may only project admins to delete/edit the worklogs.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions

Suggest an answer