Join in JIRA - Want to select a column from the linked issue

Deepak Indoliya February 4, 2013

To manage our Epics and Stories, we are using the link functionality. I'd like to be able to select all Stories that are linked to ANY Epic. This is not difficult using the linkedIssues function. However, I'd like to be able to select the name of the Epic in the results so I can export to Excel and report on the progress. Can someone please suggest a way to do this?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2013
  • Use Issue Navigator and use the JQL "Epic Link" = <<EPIC ISSUE ID>> - If you are using GreenHopper's builtin Epic capabilities
  • If you are doing some manual linking of isues use the JQL - issuekey in linkedIssues("EPIC ISSUE ID")
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2013

Then, add a scripted field(s) for the story that shows the Epic title ad Summary and they do a JQL using that field

https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner

Deepak Indoliya February 5, 2013

I am not using the build in Epic functionality. We started creating Epics much before they were intoduced in JIRA. So Epic is just another issuetype for us. The second response does not meet the requirement because I want my view to show Epic and Story in the same row. For example,

Epic JIRA ID - Epic Summary - Story JIRA ID - Story Summary - other Story fields.....

Is there a way to get the output in this format. It's OK to have Epic repeated because there may be many Stories for a given Epic.

Thanks,

Deepak Indoliya February 5, 2013

Thanks! This makes a lot of sense but when I go to Custom Fields area, there is no option to pick a Scripted Field as indicated in the link you have provided. I checked to make sure that we have the Script Runner plugin installed and enabled. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 5, 2013

Suggest an answer