Jiradc - R4J plugin cause exponential growth of AO_242870_REVISION_HISTORY & AO_242870_ISSUE_REVISIO

Divya TV February 23, 2021

After we installed R4J plugin on Jira datacenter 8.5.4 we saw exponential growth (103 million rows) of AO_242870_REVISION_HISTORY and AO_242870_ISSUE_REVISION  tables.

Our XML import fails because the size is too huge.

Questions:

1) Do yo know of any clean up scripts that I can run to reduce the table size?

I have a support request with R4J vendor. But no workaround yet.

2) I removed revision history table rows from the XML activeobjects.xml and tried to import. It still fails, which other tables rows can I remove to reduce the size of the XML backup file.

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2021

Hi Divya,

Modifying the export is not recommended and is likely to fail. The best path forward is to wait for the vendor, as Bibek stated, and go from there. Ideally, they will publish an update that you can install before exporting and all will be well.

Alternatively, you can drop that table or the tables for that plugin prior to exporting, but that almost ensures data loss and is not a clean way forward. Cheers!

The revision history clean up was included in R4J 4.4 release earlier but now they removed it fro m 4.4 scope. https://easesolutions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/REQ4J/pages/1424556175/4.4+BETA

So we are left with no workaround and a growing database. I tried to search online but couldn't find anything useful. Thank you for your response.

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2021

Welcome!

Contact the vendor, ask for a workaround, and lean on them until they fix their app or provide a solution. Cheers!

Anoop Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 27, 2021

@Divya TV  Did you get any workaround ?

Angelica Salazar
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2021

Hello @Anoop Wilson

I'm Angelica from Easesolutions, vendor of R4J plugin. We already have a BETA version available that does the revision cleanup and we're planning to release it officially by July. Here are the release notes for your review: https://easesolutions.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/REQ4J/pages/1799585819/4.5.0+BETA

If you're interested in beta testing this release, please reach out to us through our service desk portal to get access.

Thank you and best regards,
Angelica

Anoop Wilson
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 28, 2021
0 votes
Answer accepted
Bibek Behera
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2021

@Divya TV ,

I would suggest you to wait for the inputs from the plugin vendor. It is wise to follow a tested approach from the plugin vendor rather then trying workarounds.

Please post the outcome here so that other's can also get an idea about how to limit the size.

Regards,

Bibek

This answer is not helpful. yes I will follow the vendor steps, but the question is if someone has already done this before and can help me. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events