JiraWebActionSupport and web resources not compatible for Jira 7.0.5

Ngoc Tuan Lam August 17, 2017

I am trying to create a webwork plugin , which will also use web resource to import a js file to the velocity template file

However, it turns out that the JiraWebActionSupport only compatible for version 7.1 upwards i guess. But mine is 7.0.5. 

Therefore when i run it , it cannot import the js file.

(although i put

$webResourceManager.requireResource("com.atlassian.jake.adskPlugin:adskPlugin-resources")

in my vm file )

and in atlassian-plugin.xml :

<web-resource key="adskPlugin-resources" name="adskPlugin Web Resources">
<dependency>com.atlassian.auiplugin:ajs</dependency>
<resource type="download" name="adskPlugin.css" location="/css/adskPlugin.css"/>
<resource type="download" name="adskPlugin.js" location="/js/adskPlugin.js"/>
<resource type="download" name="images/" location="/images"/>
<context>adskPlugin</context>
</web-resource>

I dont know if this is due to the compatibility fault of JiraWebActionSupport or not.

1/ Anyone have any experience working with this version of JIRA. Because i use the latest SDK tool to create the module , and when I choose webwork plugin , it automatically create the JiraWebActionSupport ( which not support jira 7.0.5). Is there anyway to specify the jira plugin module framework that fit to my version we want to install when using the sdk ??

2/ Is the syntax i use to add the web resource correctly for jira 7.0.5 ( it works for jira 7.2.2 but not for 7.0.5)

1 answer

1 vote
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2017

JiraWebActionSupport is supported in all versions of JIRA including all 7.x versions. Web resource syntax hasn't changed either between 7.0.5 and 7.2.2.

Are you seeing any errors in 7.0.5?

Ngoc Tuan Lam August 17, 2017

Thanks Jobin,

I recode from the beginning and find out where is the problem .

It turns out that my js file is the problem, i use jquery syntax which make the velocity not understand i guesss so.

I change to AJS.$. syntax and it works fine .

Thank you all

Suggest an answer