We are migrating from JIRA 6.2 to JIRA Software 7.1.1 on a test bed. We've created a new empty database installed JIRA 7.1.1 onto a VM. I've moved over the attachments, and plugins and copied over the new 7.1.1 attachments and plugins directory. Now when starting JIRA I receive a JIRA - Internal Serve Error, with a general JiraLockError. I can not find the lock file after shutting down JIRA so the issue is during start up.
This is on a Linux x64 based VM. I've already tried the XML restore from the previous 6.2 instance and it works fine doing an integrity check re-index etc. The JiraLockError only comes when moving the attachments over into the regular /data/attachments folder.
I've also tried creating a new data directory placing the old copy of the 6.2 into the directory and simply pointing the JIRA_HOME using the setenv.sh.
Successful XML restore new 7.1.1 instance using data from 6.2 , Attachments cause JiraLockedError. Error re-produced before or after XML restore.
I’m a designer on the Jira team. For a long time, I’ve fielded questions from other designers about how they should be using Jira Software with their design team. I’ve also heard feedback from other ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs