JiraLockedError- Migrating attachements,plugins 6.2 - 7.1.1 (XML Restore)

jbalakri March 8, 2016

Hello,

We are migrating from JIRA 6.2 to JIRA Software 7.1.1 on a test bed. We've created a new empty database installed JIRA 7.1.1 onto a VM. I've moved over the attachments, and plugins and copied over the new 7.1.1 attachments and plugins directory. Now when starting JIRA I receive a JIRA - Internal Serve Error, with a general JiraLockError. I can not find the lock file after shutting down JIRA so the issue is during start up.

This is on a Linux x64 based VM. I've already tried the XML restore from the previous 6.2 instance and it works fine doing an integrity check re-index etc. The JiraLockError only comes when moving the attachments over into the regular /data/attachments folder.

I've also tried creating a new data directory placing the old copy of the 6.2 into the directory and simply pointing the JIRA_HOME using the setenv.sh.

TL,DR

Successful XML restore new 7.1.1 instance using data from 6.2 , Attachments cause JiraLockedError. Error re-produced before or after XML restore.

Thank you

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
jbalakri March 9, 2016

Thank you for the advice we figured out the problem. I forgot to change the permissions on the attachments folder from the previous system to the new system. This resolved the JiraLockedError.

Thank you for your advice.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 8, 2016

What does the log file say just before the "JIRA is locked" error you get at the end of the startup?

Suggest an answer