JiraLockedError - Jira Servicedesk install

Thomas Singam May 26, 2016

Hi

i am trying to install Jiraservice desk as we are migrating to a local hosting. we have a Windows server 2012 and everytime i try to perform the first setup to link it to our DB i get this error. I have been trying to resolve it by removing the lockfile as well as plugins but still no resolution. Can someone point me into the right direction.

Thanks
Thomas

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Singam May 26, 2016

Problem is that i have installed Bitbucket which is working fine however i need the service desk too

just install them on a different directory and that will resolve the issue ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2016

I'm sorry, I don't understand.  Bitbucket and JIRA are independent systems, I don't know what Bitbucket has to do with a broken JIRA installation.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2016

The lock file exists to stop you running more than one JIRA against a home directory and database.   Removing it will not help you - it's there for a reason.

What does your log file say is the reason it's failing?  (Check atlassian-jira.log from startup through to the error)

Suggest an answer