JiraBot for Slack sending multiple notifications to channel

Deleted user January 12, 2018

It appears that anytime someone comments on a given ticket within a project connected to Slack, JiraBot is sending duplicate notifications to the channel it is connected too.  At first I thought a second webhook was open but I cannot pinpoint if this is the problem. I have removed the integration multiple times and reinstalled yet still encounter the same thing. Note: This is only happening when someone comments*

If anyone has experienced this or knows of a way to try and resolve, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

3 answers

0 votes
Deleted user January 17, 2018

Update: It appears this has been resolved. Here's a link to the bug report:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-68452?_ga=2.212848658.723057185.1516210035-243150372.1512760008

0 votes
Zach Wise January 17, 2018

We're also seeing the same thing.  We've attempted all of the same sleuthing and testing, but have been unable to resolved this.

0 votes
Martha Westman January 12, 2018

We're experiencing the same issue. We noticed it late last week or early this week.

I too attempted all the things OP tried but was not able to resolve it. 

Some additional information:

• I managed to find a few tickets that, if I commented on, only provided one notification on Slack. 
  • Not sure if that has to do with when they were created (since they are one of the oldest issues in the backlog), or the type/priority that they are (the issues that had custom icon/priorities only had one notification).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events