Jira

Alfred Tan October 5, 2017

Hi,

Kindly direct me to the relevant Community if I am asking in the wrong one.

1) How can we search for issues in "Project A" for 2 disciplines? (EE and ME)

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

You're in the right place to ask lots of other Atlassian users questions!

Searching a project is easy, Jira's search has always let you say "show me issues where project = A". 

The "disciplines" is more difficult for us to answer because it's not a phrase that is part of the core of Jira, and we cannot be sure what you mean by it.  My best guess is that you have a custom field called "disciplines".

If that is right, and the field is a select list (another guess), then you can go to the advanced search in the issue navigator and use the query "Project = A and disciplines in (EE, ME)".

If my guesses here are wrong, could you correct them, so we can give you a more appropriate answer?

Alfred Tan October 6, 2017

Thanks Nic!

Your assumption is correct.

Now I can get that I want in my Jira board.

Another question, where can I get the information about writing the correct filter command?

I has returned my programming knowledge to my teacher.  :-)

issuetype = "ChM Task" AND status != Closed AND Discipline in (EE, MD)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 6, 2017

The atlassian docs on searching are quite "dry" in my opinion - they tell you everything, but do not tell a useful story in context.

As an example, the query you've written does work, and (hopefully) tells you what you what you were looking for.  But if you had a story about how it was being used, you probably would have spotted that in one place, it could be a bad filter to use (scrum boards, before you ask)

Your best bet is to simply play with the filters.  The one you've posted here shows me you've got the hang of the basics already.

I would add:

• Auto-complete can be a good friend
  • If you're stuck, ask the community, we have loads of experts, all willing to help

Suggest an answer