Jira workflow

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

Hi,

We have to make a jirta workflow.In the requirements it states the below:-

1.Need to have a "assign-back" transition button visible to the assigned user.

2.If a user "x" assigns a task to "y",then "y" should be able to click this back button and auto assign it back to the previous user.

However this user wouldnt belong to a special group or something that we can use to assign.Please let me know if anyone has any ideas.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2013

This can be achieved by using the Assign to last role member function on Jira Misc Workflow extension plugin.

Also have a look at this documentation for details

https://innovalog.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JMWE/JIRA+Misc+Workflow+Extensions+Documentation#JIRAMiscWorkflowExtensionsDocumentation-Assigntolastrolemember(newin1.2)(updatedin1.5.1&2.4.1)

Rahul

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Even after doing this i see the same options in the post func of a transition in a workflow.It hasnt got the assign to last user as stated even in the document

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

This worked

0 votes
Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2013

I would say, this can be achieved even without any plugin. Please follow the below steps;

1. Add a custom field ( user picker), say ‘Pre User’. No need to add this field in to any screens.

2. Edit your workflow transition ( ‘assign back’) , go to the workflow post function of this step

3. Click on Add a post function and select ‘Copy Value From Field to Field’ post function. In the next window, choose values so that the source field will be ‘assignee’ and destination field will be ‘Pre User’. Make sure that you check the field ‘Use value before current transition’ in this window.

4. Now you have kept the previous username in the custom field ‘Pre user’.

5. Similarly, edit the transition ‘ Return’ ( or whatever you added for the user Y to move it back to the last user) and add a similar post function. This time you select ‘Prev User’ as source and ‘Assignee’ as destination field.

Hope this is clear.

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Hi,

Thanks guys.Issue is i am using ver 5.2.4 and even updated the plugin as said above.

I dont get an option to assign to last user in the post function of the workflow.I hope i am clear to you.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 8, 2013

I don't think that the above mentioned plugin has 'assign to last user' post funtion. But it has 'assign to last user in project role' option. Still I recommend my suggestion as I have implemented similar workflow transition in our JIRA.

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

The thing is i have a transition "assign-back".i want to add in the post function a condition that states that when a user clicks this button the task would get assigned back to the user who assigned it to him.however in the post func i see options like ASSIGN TO REPORTED,CURRENT USER ETC.none gives the option to assign to the former user.

Also i am unable to understand your first comment.Could you please elaborate

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2013

Okay.. edited the above comment.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2013

Great !!!. I am aware of that module. But which is more role specific.

So it may fail in some situations. Not sure about how you have configured project roles. In my case it didn't work. :)

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 8, 2013

Dear Vishnu,

Thanks a lot.Also i found that we could inface do it the way suggested by rahul.The issue was one of the modules in the plugin was disabled and hence i wasnt getting this option.Now its fine.Thanks a lot for your help.

Vishnukumar Vasudevan
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 23, 2013

Happy to know that it worked :)

sap
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 23, 2013

However this worked for me vishnu.

Also there was a requirement that this button shouldnt be seen bythe user who is the part of the workflow.Fixed that using a script post function.Worked like a charm.

Suggest an answer