Jira won't start after upgrading some plugins and Tomcat Crash!!!

guillermor@computecsrl.com.ar April 26, 2012

Good Morning. I am having a very very serious problem. I upgraded to the latest version of Jira plugins. After this I can not enter more to Jira , in the browser I get the following message:
"The requested resource () is not available." APACHE TOMCAT 6.0.32.

Please I need urgent help on how to resolve this. I look forward to any indication.
(Sorry for my poor English level ..)

4 answers

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

logs ? any more info ?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2012

That simply means Tomcat couldn't get Jira to start.

You need to read the application log to find out why. Should be atlassian-jira.log, but you can also look at catalina.out in the tomcat log directory too (it's often longer and hence more painful to understand, but can tell you more)

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 26, 2012

Hi, I found this. Check here for ensure it isn't the same problem.

catalina.2012-04-27.log

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

27/04/2012 11:29:33 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start

GRAVE: Error listenerStart

GRAVE: Falló en arranque del Contexto [] debido a errores previos

27/04/2012 11:29:34 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

GRAVE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [QuartzWorker-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

27/04/2012 11:29:34 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearReferencesThreads

GRAVE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [QuartzWorker-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

GRAVE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [MySQL Statement Cancellation Timer] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

27/04/2012 11:29:34 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

GRAVE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@1898115]) and a value of type [org.dom4j.DocumentFactory] (value [org.dom4j.DocumentFactory@79b177]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

27/04/2012 11:29:35 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol start

INFO: Arrancando Coyote HTTP/1.1 en puerto http-8100

27/04/2012 11:29:35 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 10103 ms

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2012

It looks like something is blocking the process. Have you tried to restart the service?

Sorry, but as I define it? I mean the text would have to put in the definition.

yes, i tried to star the service many time no further good results ... when I run the file "c: \ Program Files \ Atlassian \ JIRA \ bin \startup.bat" I get the following: "neither the JAVA_HOME nor the JRE_HOME environment variable is defined"

Here is a extract of jira.log

"27/04/2012 11:29:25 org.apache.catalina.realm.JAASRealm setContainer

INFO: Set JAAS app name Catalina

27/04/2012 11:29:25 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService start

INFO: Arrancando servicio Catalina

27/04/2012 11:29:25 org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine start

INFO: Starting Servlet Engine: Apache Tomcat/6.0.32

GRAVE: Error listenerStart

GRAVE: Falló en arranque del Contexto [] debido a errores previos

GRAVE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [QuartzWorker-0] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

GRAVE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [QuartzWorker-1] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

GRAVE: The web application [] appears to have started a thread named [MySQL Statement Cancellation Timer] but has failed to stop it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

27/04/2012 11:29:34 org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader clearThreadLocalMap

GRAVE: The web application [] created a ThreadLocal with key of type [java.lang.ThreadLocal] (value [java.lang.ThreadLocal@1898115]) and a value of type [org.dom4j.DocumentFactory] (value [org.dom4j.DocumentFactory@79b177]) but failed to remove it when the web application was stopped. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

27/04/2012 11:29:35 org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol start

INFO: Arrancando Coyote HTTP/1.1 en puerto http-8100

27/04/2012 11:29:35 org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina start

INFO: Server startup in 10103 ms"

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2012

Have you already defined this variables into the Variable Enviroment into the system properties?

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2012

For example, JAVA_HOME C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_30

Here it is some documentation:

https://developer.atlassian.com/display/DOCS/Setting+JAVA_HOME

Or you can look here:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Setting+the+JAVA_HOME+Variable+in+Windows

Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2012

Here's your problem: You are running with JRE 7. Please install a JDK 1.6, point it correctly to it and retry.

Well, after correcting what you indicated to me I have the following error if I run startup.bat:

The JAVA_HOME environment variable is not defined correctly

This environment variable is needed to run this program

NB: JAVA_HOME should point to a JDK not a JRE

I point the JAVA_HOME to " c:\Program Files\Java\jre7\ " I don't have JDK

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 26, 2012

Exactly, you need to have the 1.6, there are problems with the 1.7

guillermor@computecsrl.com.ar April 27, 2012

I made ​​the change suggested but still can not start JIRA...

Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 27, 2012

What OS are u using?

guillermor@computecsrl.com.ar April 27, 2012

Windows Seven Ultima Version

0 votes

Sorry, here is the log file

Suggest an answer