Jira won't start (Table 'confluence.propertyentry' doesn't exist)

Stephane DEWITTE April 13, 2017

Hello,

following a database restart, I tried to restart Jira, and I have this error everytime : (for information, confluence is working well)

2017-04-13 10:38:27,850 JIRA-Bootstrap ERROR [c.a.j.upgrade.util.UpgradeUtils] JDBC get version number failed. SQL: SELECT ps.propertyvalue FROM propertyentry pe, propertystring ps WHERE pe.PROPERTY_KEY='jira.version.patched' AND pe.ID=ps.ID
com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'confluence.propertyentry' doesn't exist
[ ... ]
Caused by: com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Table 'confluence.propertyentry' doesn't exist
[ ... ]

2 answers

0 votes

Found.... it was an issue with our database loadbalancer. When I go directly to a database node it works, whan I go through MaxScale it comes to the wrong database...

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2017

JIRA shouldn't even be looking for that table, it's not part of it.

Are your JIRA and Confluence installations completely separate?  Could they be interfering with each other?

they are completely separated, on two different pysical nodes. The databases are separated but on the same node.

We use Jira sso to manage users in confluence.

Suggest an answer