We have a hosted version of Jira, We just changed from using the settings for localhost on the service, to office365 exchange SMTP settings. Since we did that, all emails have the box name "Service Desk" in the from field and not the name of the reporter / current user.
This is only showing this way in office365 webmail and outlook email client for win and mac, thunderbird's email client seems to not have this issue, I dont know where to set this in Jira, so assuming it's with Office, any one else ever have this issue?
Same problem here, the problem is with Office 365 not using the FROM description sent by JIRA. When the receiver of the message is outside company (another domain) it shows correctly, apparently Office365 force the use of the boxname for any receiver on same domain.
Haven't found any solution yet, besides create another domain just for the JIRA email account of course.
Same problem with authenticated on-site Exchange mailbox. Solved it after configuring an anonymous receive connector http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/exchange/en-US/4c32ec59-1d5b-4361-a344-b69f8b203c36/exchange-modifying-the-display-name.
Articles from JIRA KB:
But unfortunately they are not applicable for O365.
This is solved by following the instructions under "Option 3: Configure a connector to send mail using Office 365 SMTP relay" here;
Since launching the Jira Software 8.0 and Jira Service Desk 4.0 platform releases in February, many of you have been asking when the next Enterprise release will be so you can take advantage of the m...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs