Jira: way to find out what filter USED to be used in a dashboard gadget?

Peter Downey October 23, 2013

We recently had a problem with a proliferation of filters, dashboards etc.. We got to a point where we were missing stuff (one person was always looking at one filter, another always looked at a more restrictive filter etc.)

So I was asked to do some pruning.

I got a little overzealous and accidentally nerfed a few filters that are used in a dashboard that is still to be used. But noone can remember what a few of the charts/graphs actually were (guess they weren't the popular ones).

With out restoring from backup (not a practical option for me), but possibly through a bit of sql-pelunking, is there any way of determining:

a) what filter or its ID used to drive a now empty gadget on a dashboard.

b) the definition of a deleted filter? (I'd hope that when you delete a filter, an "active" flag is set to 0, not actually deleted)

Thanks!
(off to read the Jira db schema documentation)

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2013

The only way to find out for sure is to restore a backup and look from there.

Peter Downey October 23, 2013

Darn. ok thanks.

(given your avatar I would have accepted "NO!" as an answer.)

Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2013
Grumps...

Suggest an answer