Jira using MS active directory with trusted connections to other MS ADs

Joao A August 13, 2014

Hi,

We are using JIRA with MS Active Directory solution.

Now our AD as two trusted connection to other MS ADs. Thus changing the scope of the groups where JIRA app is fetching we can see the other AD domains. With this we can add users from other domain in the current Jira-users group.

Doing this and going to Jira => administrator => User Management => user. The users from the other Ads cannot be seen.

So I kindly ask if JIRA can support this kind of configuration, or we need to replicate the structure in the other ADS and add two new Directories?

Thanks in advance

2 answers

0 votes
Joao A September 10, 2014

Hi,

Form my investigation the best option will be to replicate same folder structure from original AD to all others. then add several LDAP queries. But there was a change on the strategy and target now is to merge (migrate) ADs in just one will be the solution.

Thanks

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2014

Hi João, I don't see a configuration like this very often. I think it's very rare multiple domains with more than 1 trees in the same forest.

I believe one thing you could try is create a LDAP directory in JIRA to each one of your root forest domain (e.g.: dc=exampleA,dc=com, dc=exampleB,dc=com, etc), then you point the directories to your Global Catalog (3268). This is read-only, but it contain all users, groups, and memberships from across your Forest.

I hope it helps.

Cheers

Suggest an answer