JIRA users have access to Add comments to service desk issues. However when they add comments they only have the option to comment internally and not publically. That is if they log a job and add a comment it, only the comment internally button is available for them. The Add Comment button is missing.
Please advise what I am missing here.
Our url is https://thlonline.atlassian.net and the projects that do not have the Add comment buttons are our service desk projects namely DESK and BSS.
This is known and expected.
Only licensed users of JIRA Service Desk can use Service Desk Agent functionality. They must be given Service Desk Agent permissions in that project to be considered an Agent as well.
This page tree covers the basics – https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedesk/agent-jira-service-desk-660967500.html
- An agent consumes one JIRA Service Desk license and one JIRA license.
- [Agents can a]dd, edit and delete customer-facing and private comments to issues.
- A collaborator consumes one JIRA user license.
- Collaborators don't have access to the service desk interface (e.g. queues, reports and SLAs) and service desk projects appear as JIRA projects to them.
- [Collaborators can only a]dd internal comments to issues, and delete their own comments
This is a public community forum for discussing and asking questions about Atlassian products. We cannot log into your system. Providing the server is quite unnecessary as well.
If you're looking for official Atlassian support, you can do so by entering a request at https://support.atlassian.com.
Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs