Jira-users lost automatically

Users from JIRA are deleted automatically.

Can anyone please explain why it is happening and how can I resolve this one?

3 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

What user directory are you using?  Crowd, LDAP, internal etc?

For a JIRA using it's internal directory, there's nothing that would delete a user without an admin actively doing it, so it's either an admin or an addon doing it.  I'd recommend enabling the audit log to see if it can capture the account that is removing them

Are they actually deleted from the DB? We recently had an issue when a JIRA add-on (our own) was making JQL queries into JIRA during startup, apparently preventing the Roles from loading properly. It looked just as if they had been deleted, we added them back in and all was fine until the next restart. We delayed our reads and the Roles are now loading fine.

amit raj Community Champion Apr 25, 2015

looks like you are using LDAP/Crowd  for  user management.

check if users are deleted from active directory?

you can check select * from CWD_USER to query all users.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

262 views 5 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you