Jira user property based on the user name entered

Anuradha Gopalan April 29, 2014

Hi,

I have a requirement to display user property (eg: Phone no) based on the employee name (this is another custom field) entered in the create issue screen. I tried to use Jira ToolKit plugin to retrieve the user property, the user property is retrieved but its not getting displayed in the create issue screen,its displayed in the view issue screen. I need to display the phone number as soon as the employee name is entered in the create issue screen. Could any one please suggest me a solution to it.

Thanks,

Anu.

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Try out doing this using the JIRA Behaviours plugin https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/JBHV/JIRA+Behaviours+Plugin

Anuradha Gopalan April 29, 2014

Thanks for the reply. I tried out behaviour plugin as well. In behaviour plugin I can retrieve the user properties of the logged in user, as per my requirement the login user may be different from the value entered in the Employee Name custom field. I need to retrieve the user properties of the Employee Name which will be entered in the create issue screen, once the Employee Name is entered the phone number of the employee (stored in user propertied) need to be displayed. Please suggest me whether Behaviour plugin helps to retireve the user property dynamically based on the value entered.

Thanks,

Anu.

0 votes
Anuradha Gopalan May 1, 2014

Thanks Boris Georgiev, you are correct. I'm able to get the employee leave balance dynamically based on the employee name entered with the help of behaviour plugin.

This script helped me to achieve my requirement.

import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager

import com.atlassian.jira.user.UserPropertyManager

import com.opensymphony.module.propertyset.PropertySet;

import com.atlassian.jira.user.ApplicationUsers;

ComponentManager componentManager = ComponentManager.getInstance()

UserPropertyManager userPropManager = componentManager.getUserPropertyManager()

FormField empname = getFieldById(fieldChanged)

if(empName.getValue().length()>1)

{

PropertySet propertySet = userPropManager.getPropertySet(ApplicationUsers.byKey(empName.getValue()));

FormField leaveBalanceformField = getFieldByName("Available Medical Leave Balance1")

leaveBalanceformField.setFormValue(propertySet.getString("jira.meta.Medical Leave Balance"))

}

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 29, 2014

Hi Anuradha ,

You can try this plugin developed by me https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.mizan.buzz

Suggest an answer