Jira user login to Confluence question

Andrew Best December 6, 2015

Dumb question and I thought I already had this working.

I though one of the points of JIRA and Confluence application linking was that JIRA users would not need to enter login credentials in Confluence when using the Application Navigator widget to access Confluence from JIRA.

Use case:

JIRA users login to Jira. That works fine. They're in and working in Jira.

User clicks the Application Navigator widget (top left of screen) and selects Confluence.

Page requests the correct confluence URL and the JIRA user is prompted to enter their Confluence credentials. If they enter their JIRA username and password they are logged into Confluence just fine.

Question:

I thought that the Application Link and the User Directory config were meant to take away the need for the JIRA user to login to Confluence again or have I got that wrong?

Environment:

All servers are Ubuntu 14.04 LTS VMs.

Server 1 has JIRA and the HR built in eval DB. (no were not in prod yet).

Server 2 has Confluence.

Server 3 has an Apache2 reverse proxy in front of it.

Actions done so far to resolve:

• Remove all application links between JIRA and Confluence
  • Removed and re-added Whitelistings
  • Reviewed group memberships in Jira

I don't know what i'm missing to make this work. I believe it was working previously and I dont know what ive done to break it either.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 6, 2015

The main intent with Application links it tying together Confluence documentation with JIRA tickets, to link Jira-tickets to Fisheye-reviews and so forth. All applications will have to have the user logged in individually never the less.

I think you are confusing Application links with SSO (Single sign on). The Atlassian product Crowd will let you do SSO:

https://www.atlassian.com/software/crowd/overview

Suggest an answer