Jira user attributes migration

Valeriya Petrukhina December 24, 2013

Hello,

I want to ask your advice - my company's Jira is v6.1.4 and we have always been using Jira Internal Directory as a user storage. Now, there's a strong neccessity to integrate Jira with LDAP, to have single login/password with our Active Directory, but the problem is, that we also need to migrate all those resolved/assigned issues, issue comments, shared dashbords/issues etc from Jira integrated directory users to LDAP users. And as we have tons of those user attributes stored on our integrated users, I would be happy to hear your helpful opinions and thoughts on this migration issue!

1 answer

0 votes
Taiwo Akindele
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 24, 2013

Assuming you will be maintaining the same usernames in Active Directory, that you already have in JIRA then you have very little problems actually :). You may simply integrate JIRA to delegate authentication on AD, and when users are logged in via your LDAP directory they would still maintain ownership of their issues and roles in JIRA. You may refer to https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Connecting+to+an+Internal+Directory+with+LDAP+Authentication.

Where things get tricky is when usernames will be different on the new LDAP directory. In this case you may need to manually rename JIRA users to match the usernames in AD.

Valeriya Petrukhina December 25, 2013

Hello,

We have the second variant, not the easiest :)

We use different user names for AD and Jira.

How could we rename usernames in Jira? It looks like there is no such opportunity in user's prorepties.

Thank you!

Suggest an answer