Jira upgrade+move different server

user99 August 19, 2014

I try to upgrade Jira (6.1.2->6.3.3), but not in place, but on a different server. So what I did:

1. install a new server with a new (and empty) Jira Agile (v6.3.3)
  2. I exported the data from the current Jira (v6.1.2)
  3. I tryed to import the data on the new server

Unfortunately this import fails. :(

jira import Table 'jiradb.AO_60DB71_RAPIDVIEW' doesn't exist

Is it because I try to export/import data between different Jira versions? First I tought it's because of different plugins, but the I tried to install all the currently used plugins (which is not obvious, seems some of the plugins become "system plugin"), but the result is the same.

What's the proper way to make an upgrade like this? Should I install a 6.1.2 on the new server and upgrade it after the import? Or is it not about the versions?

Thanks,

--

Robi

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2014

It's the versions. Install the new server at the same level, perform the import and then do the upgrade.

0 votes
user99 August 20, 2014

Sorry, but one more question. Is it a general rule? So export/import work only between same versions?

Steve Thornhill
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 20, 2014

Yep, that is the general rule of thumb. There can be a lot of underlying changes between versions so you may well see a lot of database errors, etc if attempting to not following the standard process, but the import tool checks the version levels before letting you proceed anyway.

0 votes
user99 August 20, 2014

THX

Suggest an answer