Jira upgrade+move different server

I try to upgrade Jira (6.1.2->6.3.3), but not in place, but on a different server. So what I did:

1. install a new server with a new (and empty) Jira Agile (v6.3.3)
  2. I exported the data from the current Jira (v6.1.2)
  3. I tryed to import the data on the new server

Unfortunately this import fails. :(

jira import Table 'jiradb.AO_60DB71_RAPIDVIEW' doesn't exist

Is it because I try to export/import data between different Jira versions? First I tought it's because of different plugins, but the I tried to install all the currently used plugins (which is not obvious, seems some of the plugins become "system plugin"), but the result is the same.

What's the proper way to make an upgrade like this? Should I install a 6.1.2 on the new server and upgrade it after the import? Or is it not about the versions?

Thanks,

--

Robi

3 answers

1 accepted

It's the versions. Install the new server at the same level, perform the import and then do the upgrade.

Sorry, but one more question. Is it a general rule? So export/import work only between same versions?

Yep, that is the general rule of thumb. There can be a lot of underlying changes between versions so you may well see a lot of database errors, etc if attempting to not following the standard process, but the import tool checks the version levels before letting you proceed anyway.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

64 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you