Jira upgrade from 3.13 to JIRA 5

Jorge Mora July 13, 2017

Hi!

I'm Jorge.

What steps do I have to take to complete this update?

I tried to make an update to version 4 but there is no Home Directory and I don't know how to continue.

Thanks!

Regards,

Jorge

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2017

JIRA must have a home directory in order to work!

Start with a look at Admin -> System information.  That should include at the very least a pointer to your application log file, which will be beneath the home directory.

Jorge Mora July 17, 2017

We currently known JIRA Home Directory and JIRA Install Directory, but in JIRA 3 is only one directory,

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2017

No, it's not.  It has a home directory and an installation directory.  (They *might* be under the same directory, but they are separate)

Check the system information page, it should tell you both.

Jorge Mora July 18, 2017

The application log file is located in: C:\\Program Files (x86)\JIRA-Enterprise-3.13.4\bin\atlassian-jira.log.

The directory "JIRA-Enterprise-3.13.4" is the parent of all other directories.

Where is the Home Directory?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 18, 2017

Oh gods, it looks like someone put your home directory in the installation.

Forget an upgrade in place, that's not going to work.  You should create a new, clean 4.4, export the 3.13 to xml and import it.

Suggest an answer