Jira unroganizing my tasks in the Gantt Chart

Alejandro Sanchez June 18, 2020

hello, I am fairly new to Jira and have been organizing a project I am working on. I now find that on my Gantt chart my tasks are no longer in order. Jira seems to do this when i refresh my browser and loses the logical order. 

Does anyone know what Jira is utilizing to organize this and how to avoid this issue?

2 answers

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Hi @Alejandro Sanchez

There are s few plugins like eazybi, structure, bugpicture that provide you with the gantt view functionality.  Out of the box  jira doesn't have this feature. 

The other option is to have a start date custom field and create a filter that orders bt date in ascending order.

Cheers 

Gerda Grantiņa
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 4, 2021

Hi @Fabian Lim ,
Thanks for suggesting "eazyBI for the Jira" app. 
Yes, eazyBI includes a default Gantt chart that can create the chart based in issue hierarchy, here is an example from the eazyBI demo account: https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/cubes/Issues/reports/78204-issue-epic-gantt-chart

best,
Gerda // support@eazyBI.com

0 votes
Dave Rosenlund
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 3, 2021

Hi, @Alejandro Sanchez. Welcome to the community!

I agree with @Fabian Lim. Jira, "out of the box," doesn't include built-in Gantt capability. 

However, there are a number of options, including Atlassian's own <Advanced> Roadmaps. It includes something they describe as a "Gantt-like feature." You'll have to tell us which one you are using. And, whether you are on Jira Cloud or some other platform.

As Fabian points out, there are a number of Gantt options in the Atlassian Marketplace, including those he listed (and more):

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/search?product=jira&query=Gantt

Regards,

-dave [ALM Works]

Suggest an answer