Jira to Jira Connector

Joseph Breuer April 24, 2015

My company is collaborating with another company.  Both our companies use JIRA for our issue tracking purposes.  

However for administrative and practical purposes our partner has not given access to all of the users in our company to their system.

Additionally the issues our partner creates against our system our controlled by a workflow that makes sense for their company and team.  Our team would like to be able to work on the issue internally within our JIRA system with our own custom workflow.

So ultimately we would like an integrator/connector between the two JIRA systems.  So that an issue created in the source system/project will be replicated in the destination JIRA system/project.

Is there such a connector, or some way to configure our two JIRA systems?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2015

Natively, JIRA supports this. I have done this with my instances as well, have you tried linking them with "Application Links"? There is also a "Whitelist" option but I have not explored that option.

GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2015

Oh yeah, forgot to add the links. My JIRA instance is integrated with almost all the company's SCM Tools, including HP QC tool, another JIRA instance, CI tools etc. This worked pretty well for me.

Andrew Morin April 25, 2015

I am assuming you're using SSL on both sites. If so I believe you'll need to import their certificate into your cacerts file for the app links to work. JIRA-Install-dir/jre/lib/security I am pretty sure that is where that file resides.

Suggest an answer