Jira to Jira Connector

My company is collaborating with another company.  Both our companies use JIRA for our issue tracking purposes.  

However for administrative and practical purposes our partner has not given access to all of the users in our company to their system.

Additionally the issues our partner creates against our system our controlled by a workflow that makes sense for their company and team.  Our team would like to be able to work on the issue internally within our JIRA system with our own custom workflow.

So ultimately we would like an integrator/connector between the two JIRA systems.  So that an issue created in the source system/project will be replicated in the destination JIRA system/project.

Is there such a connector, or some way to configure our two JIRA systems?

1 answer

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

Natively, JIRA supports this. I have done this with my instances as well, have you tried linking them with "Application Links"? There is also a "Whitelist" option but I have not explored that option.

Oh yeah, forgot to add the links. My JIRA instance is integrated with almost all the company's SCM Tools, including HP QC tool, another JIRA instance, CI tools etc. This worked pretty well for me.

I am assuming you're using SSL on both sites. If so I believe you'll need to import their certificate into your cacerts file for the app links to work. JIRA-Install-dir/jre/lib/security I am pretty sure that is where that file resides.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

130 views 1 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you