Jira timesheet plugin not working in jira 5.2.6, what should I do?

Sabin Ungureanu February 18, 2013

We recently upgraded from jira 5.0.1 to 5.2.6 and jira timesheet plugin not working. we have the license and still not working, What should I do?

The error is:

Error loading gadget from rest/gadgets/1.0/g/jira-timesheet-plugin:timesheet-gadget/gadget.xml: org.apache.shindig.gadgets.GadgetException: Unable to retrieve gadget xml. HTTP error 500

4 answers

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2013

Did you upgrade the timesheet plugin to the latest valid version as well?

we have jira-timesheet-plugin Version: 2.3.12. It's enable, but not working.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 18, 2013

Ok. That's not the latest version, so I'd try upgrading first. If that's still not helping, then you need to start reading your logs to find out what the errors are.

Sorry,. I mean jira timesheet and gadget plugin. "https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/jira-timesheet-plugin/version/53"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2013

Oh, right, then it's definitely time to read the logs. Look at a time when you deliberately provoke the error (I tend to have a terminal with tail -f running on the log, then click the dashboard - that lets me narrow it down, as logs can be very wordy)

ok, I go to the dashboard and look in catalina.out. The error is:

2013-02-19 13:46:06,959 http-bio-8080-exec-255 WARN sabin.ungureanu 826x99547x1 luxck4 172.17.4.102 /secure/Dashboard.jspa [gadgets.renderer.internal.GadgetSpecFactoryImpl] Error occurred while retrieving gadget spec for rest/gadgets/1.0/g/jira-timesheet-plugin:timesheet-gadget/gadget.xml
2013-02-19 13:46:06,960 http-bio-8080-exec-255 WARN sabin.ungureanu 826x99547x1 luxck4 172.17.4.102 /secure/Dashboard.jspa [gadgets.renderer.internal.GadgetSpecFactoryImpl] Error occurred while retrieving gadget spec for rest/gadgets/1.0/g/jira-timesheet-plugin:timesheet-gadget/gadget.xml
2013-02-19 13:46:06,960 http-bio-8080-exec-255 WARN sabin.ungureanu 826x99547x1 luxck4 172.17.4.102 /secure/Dashboard.jspa [gadgets.embedded.internal.GadgetUrlBuilder] GadgetUrlBuilder: could not parse spec at rest/gadgets/1.0/g/jira-timesheet-plugin:timesheet-gadget/gadget.xml

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2013

"Could not parse spec" either means the plugin is throwing up a rubbish settings file, or it's not responding at all.

This could be down to

• a bug that needs to go to the vendor
  • an upgrade - the old settings are not compatible with the new code - can you try removing the gadget and re-adding it?
  • Load or another internal problem causing the settings to be not read at all

What happens when you add a new gadget? Same error or a different one?

Ok, it's working. we removed and then add again the gadget.

thanks for helping us.

Woow May 20, 2013

question resolved. how do I close?

Woow May 28, 2013

steel not know how to close this question.

Woow May 28, 2013

question resolved.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

You don't need to close the question. Just accept the answer Nic gave you.

0 votes
Ramiro Pointis
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 28, 2013

Sabin, just click on the check next to what @Nic wrote down here...

0 votes
Woow May 28, 2013

question resolved

0 votes
Yogesh May 12, 2013

But removing and adding the gadget is not a scalable approach. i have 500 users using this gagdget and can not ask them to remove and add the same :-(

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 12, 2013

You may not have any choice if you've installed the wrong version of the gadget or somehow upgraded to an incompatible version.

Suggest an answer