Jira shows wrong time after installing Confluence on same machine

Jean Khoury August 26, 2012

Hi,

until now I was only using Jira on a Linux Server (VMWare installation on my Macbook Pro). The time and date in Jira was correct. On the same machine I've installed Confluence to run as a service parallel to Jira. Suddenly the time in Jira and Confluence is wrong?!

Funnily enough, when I view the date/time directly on my linux machine (typing "date" into the linux console) I also get a wrong time.

Linux, Jira and Confluence show all the same time, but the time is wrong. Instead of showing Mo 27. Aug 11:26:06 CEST 2012 (which is correct) it shows Mo 27. Aug 06:49:06 CEST 2012 (which is wrong).

I've added JVM_SUPPORT_RECOMMENDED_ARGS="-Duser.timezone=DE" to the file <jira-install>/bin/setenv.sh, (as described here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Incorrect+Times+Displayed+in+JIRA), rebooted the whole machine. But this didn't help.

How could this happen and how can I fix this?

Thanks for your help.

1 answer

0 votes
Jean Khoury August 26, 2012

I think I've solved the problem. I'm not 100% if the installation of Confluence lead to this problem or if there something wrong with my linux installation (note: before installing Confluence, the date/time in Jira was correct).

Because the time was not only wrong in Confluence and Jira, but also on the os level (operating system level) I installed the ntpdate pakage and configured it to my current timezone (europe/germany). Time and Date is now correct and everything seems fine again.

Suggest an answer